The Dieline Awards Presents Nielsen Design Impact Award Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Rules - October 2017
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION. OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. See “Contest Eligibility” section below for requirements.
Contest Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal residents of one of the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia; and Canada, who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry; and who submit a valid entry (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of The Nielsen Company (US) LLC (“Sponsor”) and The Dieline, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. If any personally identifiable information is provided by Eligible Entrants, it will be used only in accordance with the applicable Terms and Conditions.
By participating, Eligible Entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
1. Contest Period. The Contest will be held during the following periods: Beginning October 20 2017 at 12pm, and ending January 31st 2018, at 11:59pm (“Contest End Date”). All times are Eastern Standard Time. Entries for Eligible Entrants must be received and recorded by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. The computer of the Sponsor is the official clock for this Contest.
2. How to Enter. Eligible Entrants must submit their design entry electronically at http://thedieline.awardsplatform.com to enter the Contest.
3. Prize Winner Determination Criteria. During the Contest Period, Eligible Entrants must submit at least one (1) entry that complies with each the following criteria:
- Each original design submitted must be a redesign of an existing product belonging to a consumer-packaged-goods category. (This includes products that you use up and buy with relative frequency—anything from toothpaste to beer to home cleaners. It does not include “durable” products such as electronics and toys.).
- The redesigned product must’ve been launched no earlier than January 1, 2015 and must’ve been widely available on store shelves no later than March 1, 2017.
- The redesigned product must be sold in the United States. At this time, we cannot accept international entries.
- All entries submitted must be photographs or digital renders of packages. Concept work, unpublished prototypes, speculative, or unpublished creations are not eligible under any category except Student or Concept (if applicable).
4. Potential Prize Winners. At the conclusion of the Contest, Eligible Entrants (“Potential Winners”) will have the chance to win the prize described below, subject to eligibility requirements. The final winners will be determined by Sponsor by April 1, 2018. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. All entries must be original works. Sponsor will not accept works that are considered to be plagiarized or otherwise not the original work of the entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant(s) represent and warrant that either they are the legal copyright owners for all work(s) and materials submitted or that they have obtained the prior written permission from such copyright owner(s). The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right not to award a prize in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential Prize Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age and legal residency requirements. The Potential Prize Winners are required to comply with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. By entering the Contest, the entrant(s) give Sponsor and its licensees, an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use the entry materials (in all formats including without limitation, real, printed, digital, and all other now know or hereafter invented) and the entrant’s name and trademarks the publication rights to the Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify, save and hold harmless that Sponsor for any claims made against it, and/or its affiliates and licensees, in the event of a dispute or litigation with regards to the Contest or Prize, including but not limited to any claim based on the reproduction and/or distribution of the entry information and/or materials. All expenses in entry and for indemnification (including attorney’s fees and other indemnification related expenses) are the sole responsibility of the entrant. Should shipment of the entry materials be required, the entrant(s) must pay all post and shipping costs. Sponsor reserves the right to demand proof of the actual existence and/or publication of the entry presented. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to request samples of the Award-winning packaging. The entries agree to ship the award-winning packaging to the Sponsor, properly packed, with no perishable or dangerous contents, at entrant’s expense. All shipments must specify in English: "Nielsen Design Impact Award Contest Samples – No commercial Value." Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses, taxes or customs charges. Entries and samples will not be returned at the conclusion of the Contest.
Award scoring will be a weighted, composite score as follows:
- 50% - Sales impact
- 20% - Distribution impact
- 20% - Consumer preference
- 10% - Strategic intent
5. Contest Prizes. Each winner will be recognized at The Dieline Awards Ceremony as a Nielsen Design Impact Award winner.
6. Notification of Potential Prize Winners. Sponsor will notify the Prize Winners on or before April 1, 2018. The Prize Winners will be notified by email. The Prize Winners should claim the prize in person at The Dieline Awards Ceremony. If a winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s notification by 12:00pm PDT on April 3, 2017, the Sponsor may consider the prize to be forfeited. The Potential Prize Winners must meet the requirements outlined in the “Eligibility” section and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules in order to win. Except where prohibited, the Potential Prize Winners must sign and return, within the required time period specified in the winner notification, agree to any additional documentation and/or terms and conditions, and an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (if applicable) in order to claim the Prize. If the Prize notification letter or any Prize is returned as refused or undeliverable, the corresponding Prize will be forfeited.
7. Substitution of Prizes; Taxes. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No transfer, assignment or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a Prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and shall not have any monetary value. If applicable, any taxes imposed on the income of a Confirmed Prize Winner as a result of winning a Prize and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of each individual Confirmed Prize Winner.
8. Terms and Conditions. (a) Each entrant is providing its entry information to the Sponsor. Such information will include but will not be limited to: (i) design agency and/or brand names, trademarks and logos as provided for in all submitted materials, (ii) all submitted materials of the previous and redesigned packages entry, (iii) information submitted by the entrant about the marketing budget of the entry and the goal of the redesign, including quotes offered by the winning entrant following winner identification, (iv) UPCs of redesigned products for which Sponsor can share retail measurement data. Eligible Entrants’ materials and information will only be used for the purpose of the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Such use will include but will not be limited to determining and publicly disclosing the sales and distribution improvement (based on Nielsen RMS data) and any improvement in consumer preference (based on survey data) for previous and redesigned packages. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission for Nielsen and its licensees to use each entrant’s name, materials and information for advertising and publicity purposes regarding the Contest without additional compensation, notice, approval or permission.
(b) THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to applicable laws and regulations.
(c) The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, duplicate entries, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Any spamming, incessant updating, or lying about check-ins to gain points will void all such entries by such methods. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Eligible Entrants who violate the Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any manner. Any attempt by an Eligible Entrant or individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees and expenses) from any such Eligible Entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend, cancel or suspend this Contest and/or select Potential Prize Winners from among all eligible entries prior to the cancellation at any time without notice if any factor interferes with this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules including but not limited to a virus, bugs, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupting the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
(d) The Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay of any type in operations or transmission, or for theft, or for technical, computer, meter, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or failure of the Sponsor to receive entry information for any reason.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO FULLY WAIVE, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, THE DIELINE, AND SPONSOR’S RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE CONTEST; (B) TECHNICAL OR PRINTING ERRORS; (C) LOST, LATE, POSTAGE-DUE, MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE MAIL, ENTRIES OR E-MAIL; (D) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (E) INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ELIGIBLE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT, USE OR BENEFIT OF ANY PRIZE. ELIGIBLE ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR EXPENSES.
10. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Eligible Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the State of New York.
11. Results. The Sponsor will maintain a record of the Prize Winners, consisting of the Prize Winners names, city and state of residence. For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004 Attn: Global Communications.
© 2017 The Nielsen Company (US), LLC. All rights reserved.